In the Middle School, all students will take 10 GCSEs. In addition, students will undertake Moral Education in the form of Positive Education Days and Games. Students in Year 10 will take UAE Social Studies.
The core GCSE Curriculum is made up of the following subjects:
- English Literature
- English Language (IGCSE taken by all students at the end of Year 10)
- Islamic Studies (for Muslim students)
To encourage a balanced curriculum, students choose four optional subjects, which must include:
- Arabic, French or Spanish;
- Computer Science, Economics, Geography or History;
- Art, Design and Technology, Drama, Latin, Music or Physical Education.
Students are encouraged to follow a wide range of co-curricular activities, which includes the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme at bronze level in Year 10 and silver level in Year 11.
Duke of Edinburgh scheme
Dubai College helps students engage with their environment and interact with other societies through the highly successful Duke of Edinburgh International Award.
The award includes the completion of a service based activity, a skill component and the completion of a particular course of physical activity. In addition, a multi night qualifying adventurous journey is undertaken.