The philosophy of the Department is that every student should be given the opportunity and encouragement to achieve their potential in a stimulating, informative and safe environment.
Our aims are to:
- Encourage a healthy and active lifestyle
- Provide students with an understanding of how to analyse and improve physical performance
- Widen each student’s sporting experience and enjoyment
- Assist students in reaching their physical potential in a variety of physical environments
Philosophies and aims:
- Encourage a passion for a wide range of sporting activities
- Create a lifelong enjoyment of active recreation and sport
- Nurture sportsmanship in all aspects of competition
- Provide sporting opportunities for all participation levels
- Provide an opportunity for sporting excellence in a variety of sport
What makes a good teacher at Dubai College?
Passion, innovation, work ethic
What are you trying to encourage and instil in your students?
Sporting values of Passion, Respect, Integrity, Resilience, Teamwork, Commitment & Sportsmanship.
In your opinion, what makes Dubai College special?
Our willingness to go the extra 2 miles!
Who or what inspires you?
Individuals who show courage to overcome adversity
Tell us something not a lot of people know about you.
English is my second language!
Andrew Jones, Director of Sport
Titles: Director of Sport
Titles: Head of Physical Education
Titles: Teacher of Physical Education
Titles: Assistant Head Lower School - Study Skills, Teacher of Psychology and Physical Education
Titles: Teacher of Physical Education, Head of Cousteau House