The Geography Department is composed of 7 members of staff and is housed in ‘D’ Block along with Economics Department. Facilities consist of four main classrooms all complete with interactive iBoards and associated equipment.
The aims of the Geography Department are as follows:
- the Department seeks to enable students to gain access to and knowledge of Geography, through the development of an understanding of key skills and concepts which underpin the subject by taking on responsibility for their own learning;
- in addition, the Department strives to allow all students to achieve their highest potential in Geography whether at Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, or at A level;
- it is recognised by the Department that much successful learning and understanding arises through the provision of fieldwork, an area of academic study which is strongly emphasised;
- within its teaching, the Department seeks to create international understanding between students of differing nationalities so that they may learn to appreciate and value the cultures of other people;
- in all its work the Department endeavours to develop students' understanding of the local environment (Dubai and the United Arab Emirates).
Titles: Head of Geography, Head of Chichester House
Titles: Second in Geography, UAE Social Studies Coordinator
Titles: Y7 Teacher of Geography, Teacher of Design Technology (part-time), Teacher of Art
Titles: Head of Middle School (Y11), Teacher of Geography