Vision & Values
By the gracious consent of His Highness Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai from 1958 until 1990, Dubai College was formally constituted on 4th May 1978 to provide, within the Emirate of Dubai, a modern secondary education in the British style, to the highest academic standards for those families who are on short or long term contracts, and for those UAE children whose parents wish them to experience this kind of education.
Building on this foundation as well as our current market position the Senior Leadership Team, members of staff and the Board of Governors have set a new and ambitious vision for the school in keeping with our 40 year heritage and growing global reputation:
To be the best British school overseas in the world, underpinned by four pillars of academic, creative, philanthropic and sporting endeavour.
Our relationship with key stakeholders will be critical in fulfilling our vision for the school and is set out below:
- Dubai College aspires to maximise our students’ potential both in the immediate and long-term future.
- Dubai College aspires to involve parents fully and constructively in our students’ education.
- Dubai College aspires to be an employer of choice for both teachers and support staff by investing in our people.
- Dubai College aspires to be a centre of excellence and thought leadership accessible to the community of Dubai.
- Dubai College aspires to engage fully and collaboratively with both our local and international regulators as well as the professional bodies to which we belong.
- Dubai College aspires to offer alumni lifelong membership of our community of excellence and to support them in their future endeavours.
- Dubai College aspires to offer the very best of British education in order to serve and support British universities, organisations and employers within a globalised context.