In Year 11, the department follows AQA’s course in Business Studies. Further detail regarding the course can be found by clicking on the following link:
In Year 10, the department is following the International GCSE course from EdExcel. The course is designed to give students a sound understanding of business and the ability to use knowledge, skills and understanding appropriately in the context of international markets and the United Kingdom.
The aims of this course are:
- To enable students to use relevant terminology, concepts and methods effectively and recognise the strengths and limitations of the ideas used;
- To develop students’ knowledge, understanding and skills and apply them to current issues in a wide range of appropriate international and UK contexts;
- To enable students to use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish between facts and opinion and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data, to help build arguments and make informed judgments;
- To further students’ appreciation of different stakeholders’ perspectives in relation to business activities;
- To develop students’ understanding of the dynamics of business activity and the related considerations of ethics and sustainability in business.
Assessment for the International GCSE is by a single examinaion at the end of the course. More information is available from Edexcel: